Retiredbear

Retiredbear

The Prediction

The Prediction - Darren Sugrue I received this book free from LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review.

I am completely blown away by the quality of writing in this book. Initially I thought that the premise of a person developing a mathematical process that would predict a person's death was a bit of a stretch. The author was able to craft a story around this implausible concept that was mesmerizing. I literally found myself reading far into the night in my quest to find out what happens next.

This story has a fabulous cast of characters. It is really a story about relationships that are subtle initially but grow to the point that you may well have tears of joy by the end. It is a real tribute to this author that he is able to fully develop a number of characters to the point that I would be able to recognize them if I passed them on the street. Well that may be a it much but I sure felt that I was one with them.

I am not sure of how to assign a genre to this book. It is a bit of a thriller, a mystery, a drama, plain literary fiction, and a touch of chick lit. It is an absolutely riveting story that will draw you in and keep you there.