Retiredbear

Retiredbear

No Rest for the Dead

No Rest for the Dead - Jeffery Deaver, J.A. Jance, Diana Gabaldon, Alexander McCall Smith, Jeff Abbott, Matthew Pearl, Sandra Brown, David Baldacci, John Lescroart, R.L. Stine, Michael Palmer, Marcia Talley, Gayle Lynds, Phillip Margolin, Thomas Cook, Kathy Reichs, Raymond Khoury, Marcus Sakey, I read this book for two reasons. The first to see if 26 authors could write a mystery serial novel that made sense, was entertaining, and remained true to the mystery genre. The second was to expose myself to a variety of mystery writers that I have not read.

I was very satisfied with the compilation put together to create one serial novel. Yes there were differences in writing style. However, the story was concise and continuous. Is this a 5 star mystery? Not really - my first thoughts on the rating was 4 stars. It is that good. I read the afterword where I learned that all revenue, minus the various author fees and printing costs, go to the leukemia research charity. A noble purpose to be sure.

I now have a longer list of writers to read. This book exposed me to many new names and I look forward to reading them.