Retiredbear

Retiredbear

Heartsick (Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell)

Heartsick (Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell) - Chelsea Cain OUTSTANDING!! I am late singing the praises of this author and book but I felt the need to step up and give the praises Ms. Cain deserves. Others have already provided the summary bits of the book so I will not compete with them - rather I will sing the praises.

We have all read reviews about books that couldn't be put down by the reader. This IS THE BOOK that you will have a problem putting down. The story in enthralling, macabre, thrilling, and simply engrossing. I was grabbed immediately and read well into the night until I just had to sleep. I rad the book in two sittings.

The characters and their development were as well written as the story. They popped right off the page and gave me visuals of who they were. Even the minor characters were vivid and their relationships to the story were important. I look forward to reading more about Archie, the damaged hero, and his emotional adversary, Gretchen.

I have not read as great a book as this in a very, very long time. I urge you to pick up a copy of this fine book - just make sure you have the time it deserves to devote to it.

I think Ms. Cain has created two dynamic adversaries that sequels are warranted. I cannot wait to read about their continued drama.