Retiredbear

Retiredbear

The Last Jump: A Novel of World War II

The Last Jump: A Novel of World War II - John E. Nevola As I was reading this book, I found myself skimming over portions that were muddled in which regiment, battalion, company, etc. was doing whatever, wherever. I suppose the author felt that was necessary for historical accuracy for WWII buffs. That and one, yes only one, usage of the wrong word, are all I can mention in a negative vein of this remarkable debut novel.

Others have written long synopses of the storyline so I will not compete with their summaries. I would rather focus on the brilliance of bringing a number of characters to life. I found myself really caring about each and every one of the main characters and even a couple of the others.

The story and impact on me grew as I read this epic novel. The further I read, the more I cared. As I neared the final 50-60 pages, I was really emotionally involved. In fact, as a big burly person, I was surprised that tears came to my eyes. Anyone with a shred of humanity will be engrossed by this book.