Retiredbear

Retiredbear

Staying Human

Staying Human - Kyle Tobin While I was reading this book I was prepared to give a very low rating. Three stars to me means I enjoyed more than disliked the book. I won this on a member giveaway from LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review.

This book is in need of editing and proofreading. The storyline is an interesting premise but it is choppy and repeats Jack's prowess over and over. I did get a bit tired of reading about every move Jack performed in melee circumstances. There is quite a bit of significant misspelling which broke up the flow for me. An example is lour. What is that? The answer is lure but it took awhile to figure that out.

So, why didn't I slam the author? Because I read his bio that he included at the end of the story. This is a first time author who is only 20 years old. I give him a lot of respect to be able to get his act together to publish a legitimate book at a young edge.

I do think that Kyle has potential and I would indeed read more of his work. He needs to find a mentor and some proofreaders that can spell.

Keep writing Kyle - you will have a breakthrough. I do suggest that you lower your price. $7.99 for a newbie ebook author is a bit steep.