Retiredbear

Retiredbear

A Secure Heart

A Secure Heart - Charity Parkerson I won this book through LibraryThing in exchange for a review - so here it is.

Let's get the only negative out of the way first. The author would benefit from a good editor. There were times when I had to stop, and reread sections to really understand what was happening. Fortunately the lack of great editing did not really hurt the story.

This book was a bit of a love story but in an interesting way. I enjoyed the way in which the author took a set of characters and created four consecutive stories. She was able to keep the stories interesting by her choice of story lines. Even though this book is essentially a adult romance, I found it to be well written with good characters. I found myself cheering for the characters even though they were not all "good" people.

I may be in the minority but I thought this book to be about how people come off as mean, arrogant, callous, etc. to some people yet they come off exactly the opposite to others. Basically, everyone has good within them if the right person comes along to bring that person to the surface.