Retiredbear

Retiredbear

XBestia

XBestia - Melissa Conway I won this book from LibraryThing in exchange for a review. It is difficult to fully know what to expect from the snippets on LibraryThing so I was a little apprehensive given the odd title. I was almost immediately hooked into the story and think the title is appropriate.

The other reviews illustrate the basic storyline and characters so I ask you to read them. I want to mention why I enjoyed the book as much as I did. Ms. Conway is known for her YA and romance novels. Two genres that I do not care for, yet I am enthusiastic about this book. The author has written a fast paced undercover cop story, with characters that stand out from the page, and with enough variations in the story to keep me reading. If I had the time, it would have been a cover to cover read in a single setting.

This book is a fine example why I have essentially eschewed the main stream novelists and concentrated on the fine indie writers. I think these writers deserve to have recognition for their fine work. Ever since my first ebook (Vestal Virgin by Suzanne Tyrpak [5 stars]), I have only read indie authors and feel that I am more satisfied than by the mainstream authors. Give this odd titled wonder a chance - you will be very pleased.